Sunday, January 10, 2010

Friendships

To me friendships are precious. There have not been very many close friends over the years. I have lots of casual friends in our life but very few close ones.

While I was staying at the YWCA in Winnipeg I met a Jewish girl that think of from time to time to this day. She was something special. The next friend I can think of was Faye Gerdis. She has remarried but I have forgotten her married name. I would really like to get in touch with her to see how she is doing. I have lost touch with her ex and the three girls. Faye if you ever read this, please contact me. My phone number is still the same. 

I think next of Judy MacIntosh, an ex co-worker. She encouraged me in my poetry and helping me gain confidence in myself. For that alone she was special to me. I do know where she is living now but we have separated and are not in touch any more. Judy, your still special to me.

Next I think of Barb Paton, an ex board member of the Village of Elgin. Barb and I and one other female were the first all women board members for the Village of Elgin and is recorded in the history of Elgin. Barb is special because her and I practically thought alike, an unusual thing in two people.

Above all, there is one special friend who has been a friend for 40 some years. Her husband is also a friend, but Nan I have known more than her ex. She has cheered us in our low spots, cheered us for the things we have achieved, stood by us through thick and thin. Ron and I have also stood by her through thick and thin times. To day both her ex and Nan are still fast friends. Her family is like a second family to us and vice versa. Their accomplishments we cheer for them and support them through thier rough times.  Other friends we still have contact with and have known for 40 some years are still in touch with us.

I have also made friends with one of my neighbours. She's loveable and a riot. She is sensible and tells me like it is. That I treasure most in a friend ship.

To many other friends made through out the years, I think of from time to time and still wish all the best for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment